A very typical type of pastry in Spain, that my daughter loves, and that I prepare quite a lot at home. Actually, that’s what she had for her birthday instead of cake!
1 roll of puff-pastry, brown sugar, cinnamon and one egg – yep… nothing more
- Lay out the pastry and cover it with brown sugar and cinnamon – it doesn’t need to be a thick layer; you only need to make sure the sugar and cinnamon are spread evenly
- Start rolling the pastry from both sides until both sides meet in the middle
- Prepare an oven tray with non-sticking baking paper, and pre-heat the oven to 180ºC
- Start cutting slices of the roll and put them on the oven tray.
- Whisk the egg and paint the top of the pastries. Add some brown sugar on top.
- Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown
Perfect to serve with some coffee!